What is counselling?
Counselling, also called therapy or psychotherapy, is a specific kind of conversation. It involves:
- A confidential and impartial exchange with a highly trained professional
- A safe designated space for a pre-determined length of time at a frequency that meets your needs
- An agreed upon fee and means of payment
The conversation is based on your needs and aspirations which may change over time or even from session to session. As your counsellor I am there to help you gain clarity and courage for the life you want to live.
When might you see a counsellor?
- If you are experiencing uncertainty and want to get ground back under your feet
- If you need help sorting through your thoughts, feelings, needs and desires
- If you are seeking to understand and gain relief from grief, loss and sorrow
- If you are suffering the effects of trauma, stress, anxiety and emotional turbulence
- If you are navigating a spiritual crisis
- If you are working with addictive patterns
- If you are healing from physical pain
How will Grace work with me?
- My first interest is getting to know you while you get to know me and we begin the process of establishing a relationship of trust and safety
- I will listen with genuine curiosity and compassion to discern how we will proceed to build skills, awareness and a sense of personal agency
- My therapeutic approaches include:
- Solution Focused
- Trauma Informed
- Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness based strategies
- Visualization and visual expression
- Mindfully walking an outdoor labyrinth
Who does Grace work with?
I look forward to meeting you and having a conversation.
Regular fee for a 60 minute counselling session is $85. A sliding scale is available.
Your session may be covered by an Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EAP) and/or Group Health Benefits. Please check to see if your plan covers an RCT-C.
You may also be able to claim your counselling session as an expense on your income tax. Please check with a tax office for details as each situation is individual.
Grace has offices in Mahone Bay and Bridgewater, centrally located between Halifax and Liverpool.